Monday, March 22, 2010

HERE HE IS!!!!!

Yesterday we woke up early and headed out to meet Liam! What an awesome day! We were standing outside of the civil affairs office and we saw him coming down the hall. When he got close enough to see who was in the hall he got a huge grin on his face and said BaBa! He is a daddy's boy for sure! It was the sweetest thing ever. He likes me too but whatever baba does, Liam does. If steve gets a drink of water so does he and he smiles at his baba as he does it.  He hasn't had any tears yet... a few quiet moments but mostly laughs and smiles. He played with Emma and Ethan on skype last night for about an hour. You'd have thought that they had known each other all their lives. So far it has been a very easy and fun time. He's sleeping next to baba right now... I may sneek a quick picture if I can. He is so precious. And SMART! He walked in to the hotel room and picked up his magna doodle and started writing his numbers and then his whole name in Chinese Characters! That is amazing! That is so hard:) He already seems to be understanding what we say most of the time...  I was trying to talk to him in Chinese just by saying the color of his markers and he said to me "Good job, Mama" like he was encouraging me oh my goodness. I could just eat him up!  Our guide is just amazed at how well he's doing and at how intelligent he is. She keeps saying things like "You have gotten such a son! He is so very smart!" And of course, we agree:-). Sorry if I sound like I'm braging....I'm just so proud of him. Oh, I almost forgot, our translator asked him if he would like a new name and he said yes. She told him we would like to call him Liam and he said that he liked it and has answered to if ever since. I don't know what's normal in this situation but I wasn't expecting that. What a neat kid. 

I can't thank you all enough for all of your prayers. There is no doubt in my mind that your prayers have made a huge difference in our lives. This little boy hasn't a shadow of fear! Praise the LORD!

Today we head back to the CIvil Affairs office to finalize the adoption paperwork. Then we wait for his passport and on Friday it's off to beautiful Guangzhou. The smog here has gotten worse. Much worse than even in Beijing or Tianjin. You can't even go to the park or take a walk or your throat burns and your chest hurts within minutes. So we're looking for something fun and indoor to do. We love you and miss you all! Jen
 

Jennifer Hunt

Steve

Olivia

Austin

Emma

Ethan

Liam

 

http://www.yangquanorbust.blogspot.com

 



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! SO glad to see you together and to hear how well he is transitioning... will keep thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how well they do! You are so blessed. He's handsome. We'll keep praying for a smooth transition. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! What a beautiful beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the latest here along with pics of you two with Liam. I seriously just sat and cried. So amazing! He sure knows that he's got an awesome family to come home to. I can't wait to hear more once he's back here with the rest of your kids. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I have chills and tears....so incredibly happy for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoooo, what an adventure and a moment of completion for all! It's good to know I won't be the only one being called baba :-) I pray all goes well for the duration...happy hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete