Sunday, March 7, 2010

Providence

Hello again,
I feel the need to blog a bit about God's Providence. This past week we've had some definate frustrations and disappointment and I'd like to share a little about what I've learned through this before I get too busy preparing for my trip ...again~ Whenever I feel frustrated with a situation I remember Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were were written in your book before one of them came to be" I like that. He knows all my days. They have been ordained. I can rest in that. He knows all of Liam's days as well. Every one. All of ours. He knows the precise moment that Yang Zhiming will become Liam Hunt. And the exact moment that we will become momma and pappa to 5 precious children. What a blessing to be so well cared for by such a loving and merciful Creator. Don't get me wrong~ I was VERY upset about the change of plans. In my mind I would have him in my arms just a few hours from now. But the Lord knew better. It isn't all about me. There are numerous reasons that He "could have" wanted us to wait. We don't know them and we may never know. What we do know is that the Lord is soverign over all the earth and that He has good plans for His children. Thanks be to God! ~ Jen


--
Jennifer Hunt

1 comment:

  1. The adventure of adoption sure does teach us to rely on God - because we sure don't have control over anything, do we?
    My family of five received a referral of a little boy who is 19 months old and I believe he is from the same orphanage as Liam. (I was so excited to see that I could post on your blog - as I've been wanting to try and contact you.) I know you have much to do, but if you have a minute, please drop me a quick email at sberger82@gmail.com.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete