Friday, April 9, 2010

Home

These last two days have been some of the best days of my life. Hearing all five of my kidlins playing and laughing together is music to my ears. We have waited for these days for over 18 months. That is the longest pregnancy I've ever had.... It was so worth it. It blows my mind that the Lord would so richly bless us.

We took a walk around the lake and went to the playground. Liam had a blast on the swing! I think it must have been his first time on one because he giggled and giggled the whole time and had all of us watch him:-) He was so proud! Liam doesn't understand the difference between picking a dandelion in someone's yard and picking a tulip in the same yard..... sorry neighbors. We'll work on it!

The kids have had him on the trampoline! Had I videoed we could have won an award or at least a commercial deal! Liam literally squealed with delight for an hour! He laughed and screamed.....oh my goodness. The others were laughing with him almost as hard. Steve and I were inside peaking through the blinds.... laughing and I was a little teary. To see them all together and happy is an answer to my heart's cry and it's been a long cry!

When we started this journey we had no idea what to expect. Sometimes it was scary. Sometimes I heard the voice of discouragement louder than anything else. Sometimes I thought I had lost my sanity. (well, I have but it's unrelated). The Word of GOd is plain. He wants us to care for orphans. It's riddled throughout scripture but what He doesn't spell out for us is that it's not just for the orphans...it's as much for us as for them. Before I had even met Liam the Lord had been using him to teach me to trust Him. Many of you know some of the stories of God's faithfulness to us through this process and many of you don't. I'll be posting them as I have time. I need to write them down so I can read them to Liam as he grows. He'll be able to see how much the Lord loves him through them. It's really his story and I can't wait to share it with him as he grows. My heart is full. I am satisfied. That is a very good feeling. I've felt the dull ache of missing my son for too long. We're all together. Now when I count my kids at the park they're all present and accounted for. No more "Wait! Who are we missing???! Oh, Liam". They're all here and I can't wait to show them off! I love you guys! I'll see you soon! Aunt Carol, I'll try to keep this up at least once a week! I wish you lived closer! Talk to you all soon, Jen

p.s. I'm having issues with the uploader. I'll get it fixed and send the pics in a few!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs Hunt,

    I would like to come in contact with you,
    we have also visited the Soc. Welf. Institute in 2008, and would like to share some information.

    Witte van CAPPELLEN
    the Netherlands
    Alkmaar

    ReplyDelete