Friday, April 2, 2010

Hong Kong

We're here in Hong Kong! I can't believe we actually made it. Taking the train with four heavy pieces of luggage and a stroller a backpack and a little boy is not easy. They have no carts to put your luggage on so Steve had two of the suit cases piggy backed together and was pushing the other one in front of him. I had Liam in a stroller with a suit case hooked on to the handle, a bag on the other handle and my backpack so over packed with souvenieres that I looked like a turtle. Poor Steve was handling over 200lbs of luggage on his own. Then we had to find a cab...we made it here to the very overpriced hotel here in Hong Kong. They're all overpriced. Unbelievable. And we had to pay for the internet... 

We had a nice dinner at Outback. Thank goodness! Filet and sweet potato, cold beer and salad that tastes like salad! Not too shabby! 

Poor little Liam fell off his chair and totally cracked his noggin. The poor thing is head heavy. He has a straight line across his head and a knot the same shape. It was awful. I can't believe he didn't need stitches. He really hit hard. He still didn't cry... I almost did but not a squeek out of him. Poor little guy. The day he bawls about something like that  I'll know we're really making progress. 

I have no pictures to post. My camera seems to have "gone missing" again. This time in the train station. We were pretty upset to find that out but can do nothing but buy another one and hope it's not a knock off... we have to have pictures of Disney! 

Tomorrow we'll shop for a camera and do some sight seeing. This place is pretty amazing. More buildings than I have ever seen. Hong Kong is surrounded by mountains on both sides with water in between. It reminds me of Hawaii a bit. It's pretty cool. 

Hopefully I'll have a camera to post pictures tomorrow! Love you all! Jen

 



No comments:

Post a Comment