Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hong Kong...still

We're still here. I wish I were home. Steve and I are both so homesick for our kids. It's getting pretty rough on all of us. The kids, I'm sure, are feeling especially sad since we won't be there for Easter. I feel sick to my stomach about it. We're flying stand-by so please pray that we get a flight out on Tuesday morning (your Monday night). I honestly think I may die of sorrow if I have to be away from my family for another day. Plus, Liam needs some normalcy in his world too. Living in a hotel isn't exactly the best way to be welcomed into a family... 

Today we walked around Kowloon and looked in some crazy shops. I think everything here comes from Guangzhou... it's all the same stuff. Just more expensive. Since we've done all the markets and we don't need any Prada shoes, Hong Kong is just another big city. They, at least, have normal toilets and obey the traffic laws. There are no bikes or wagons so the streets are much less insaine and there don't seem to be as many people out and about all day and night. I know it's a highly populated city but it honestly seems pretty tame compared to the other places we've been. There are at least two Starbuck's on every corner and tons of Subway's so we have food. No suckling pig for us.

We took the ferry over to downtown Hong Kong and walked around a bit. It really looks cooler from far away. Once you're there all you can see is whatever sky-scraper is in front of you. They did have a nice park, though, and Liam had fun running through it picking flowers:) He is totally amazed by water fountains. The decorative type.. He is so cute. It's amazing how many 1st we have every day. Today was his 1st boat ride, 1st fountain, 1st azalea flower, 1st cappuccino (which he tried to spit out in a plant), 1st time in a pool, 1st time nearly drowning-mama was not happy, 1st bus ride....shall I go on?  In some ways he's well beyond his years and in others he has just missed so much. I wish we could have become his parents sooner. I love him so much...

We're planning on doing Disney tomorrow. That should be fun. This entire week is a national holiday here so it may be terribly crowded but I think we'll give it  a go anyway. We'll never be back... and Liam LOVES Mickey. He sings a song in Chinese about him. So cute. I can't even tell you what he calls Mickey. It's totally different but the excitement is all the same. 

I'll post more tomorrow! Steve says HI! Love you! Jen
 


 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Hon - I love you. the kids are doing well. Enjoy the trip and remember - reality is just days away!!

    Kisses and prayers and hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete